beach trip {part 2}

My favorite part of our beach trip was surprisingly not the beach.  It's hard work when you have two little ones.  Bishop was completely fearless of the water and refused to wear a life jacket so we had to be on top of him  the whole time and Lyric after plopping face first into the sand was not a happy camper.  I even heard myself saying "it's just too sandy!"  Well, duh...what did I expect? Don't get me wrong I loved being near the water but it didn't have the effect on my blood pressure like I hoped it would.

My favorite part of our trip was exploring the little villages on our bikes. We stayed in Seacrest, Florida which is sandwiched between two of the most beautiful beachside communities I've ever seen. I'd stick the babies in the back of the bike and ride all around Rosemary and Alys Beach. They are a far cry from the commercialized beaches you often see in Florida. Each area is unique with a real feel of community. I miss it terribly there and look forward to going back.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails